Toronto Airport District 301 – Health & Safety News Channel
H&S NEWS ON TELEGRAM
REPORTING – IRATE PASSENGERS TO H&S
After an encounter with an irate customer that gets out of control, abusive or belligerent, please fill out a H&S concern form after speaking with your Lead/Manager and/or Peel Police. We need to change the culture of bad behaviour and the only way to do so is to have these incidents documented. This is unacceptable behaviour that needs to be addressed.
To report an incident, download the file below. Complete the form and save the file. Next use your personal email and forward us the saved file to email@example.com. If you’re having trouble opening and/or saving the file please use Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Fill and Sign.
You can also printout the form or pick up a hard copy at the union office during their office hours. You can drop off the completed form back to the union office..
Remember Air Canada’s safety policy is SAFETY FIRST.
ATTENDANCE DESK UPDATE:
Attendance Desk: 1-844-224-0113
– Reporting Sick, Family Care Day, Snow Day or any other absence not related to covid-19.
– Family Care Day: attending to your sick spouse, dependent children or parent (part of your sick time bank allotment)
– Unpaid absence due to a snow storm (too dangerous to drive into work safely during a snow storm).
– If you’re running late to work, try to contact the bunker 2445 or deployment 4200/2450 and advise them you’re coming in late because of “x” reason.
Covid-19 Related Absence Reporting: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Please refer to the COVID-19 GUIDELINES document below as to when you should send an email with covid-19 related absence.
FR – Family Responsibility Day: email@example.com
Here are a few examples of FR day:
FR day for Vaccination appointment: The booking appointment must be on the schedule shift time. If its outside the time of schedule shift you have the option to rebook the appointment or call in sick and use your sick time bank. Ensure you use your company email to send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you include your full name, employee#, time and date of the appointment, the reason for FR day (covid19 vaccination) and attach your booking appointment.
FR day for Personal Leaves:
– Taking care of other family member (brother, sister, aunt, uncle, grandparents, nice, nephew….) who are sick.
NOTE: Family member can not be your spouse, dependent children or parents because they are cover under Family Care Day (which is part of your sick time bank).
– Emergency at home: broken furnace, flood..
– Parent teacher meeting
– Staying at home to take care of the kids because of school cancellation due to a Snow Storm.
- Every year you will have five (5) FR days (three (3) paid and two (2) unpaid).
- Unused FR day does not roll over to the following year.
- Must completed three (3) consecutive months of continuous employment to be eligible.
- FR day are separate from your sick time bank.
COVID-19 GUIDLINES & LEAVES INFO:.
With ongoing Covid-19 policy updates, we recommend all employees to check the most recent Guidelines and Leaves through Aeronet.
Aeronet > Under More News > Covid-19 Updates > Under Covid-19 Leave
Aeronet > Under More News > Covid-19 Updates > Under General > Covid-19 Guidelines PDF
GOVERNMENT COVID-19 PROGRAM:
CRSB – Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit
CRCB – Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit
The Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB) and The Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB) are extending until May 7, 2022. The maximum number of weeks you can apply for also increases to 6 weeks.
EMPLOYEE HOME SCREENING:
SELF TEST KITS INSTRUCTIONS:
Decemeber 17 2021
AC Corporate Safety Department